Video marketing is an effective advertising tool used by 9 out of 10 companies. And during the crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, it is completely irreplaceable: publishing a video remains an easy way to maintain public relations in a remote environment. What Marketing Tactics Are Relevant?
Video Marketing 2020: Tactics You Need To Know
Harness the power of YouTube
By creating content on a global platform like YouTube, you get it all: honor, recognition and endless views. According to Statista, YouTube is one of the top social networks in terms of the number of active users, with its only competitor topping the list is Facebook. In 2019, about 80% of netizens had a YouTube account. These statistics demonstrate how profitable it is to have a competent video hosting strategy.
The following marketing videos are popular on social media:
- Educational (lessons, step-by-step guides, instructions). BuzzFeed s Tasty Cooking How-To videos often go viral even outside of YouTube. Tech Insider publishes subtitled and animated videos, looking at complex concepts from a simple angle. The Asana channel has a whole series of videos with tips for managing projects in a team. Most importantly, strive to create engaging and useful content, and not achieve cherished views.
- Demo video about the product. The teaBOT brand convinces customers in 1 minute about the advantages of auto-making tea, Veet shows the results of using care products, CJ Pony Parts explains the principle of auto-making. By creating a demo, you will attract attention to a product or service much faster than standard advertising.
- Brand videos in creative video campaigns that reflect the company s mission and worldview. The experience of the retail organization Canadian Tire proves that you shouldn t be afraid to support something that does not concern your business directly: the Wheels video went viral in 2017. And Jeni s Splendid Ice Creams showed that it is possible to create amazing videos of yourself without studio equipment.
- Expert interviews. Record videos with industry experts to build trust and credibility with your target audience. An example of deep expert immersion in the topic is a video from the YouTube-blog Hubspot about viral marketing.
- A virtual reality. Hubspot s animator claims 360-degree videos allow viewers to participate in the process. To impress subscribers, “invite” them to view a virtual tour of the company s office, a business event, or a test drive.
Place sponsored ads on social media
Social media is a powerful factor in increasing brand awareness and increasing sales. Paid Facebook posts that include videos have been proven to be about 100% more compelling than standard “blank” posts. Paid advertising allows you to reach the required number of target users and get feedback, depending on the selected type of promotion and ad parameters.
Video advertising on Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram or other social network solves the problem: it visually demonstrates your product, including off-site, quickly attracts attention, informs the audience about the benefits of working with you. Your job is to set your targeting options correctly and make sure the video contains relevant, valuable, call-to-action information. An example of promoting with sponsored video ads is the Netflix blog.
Send personalized ads
Interact with customers in video format. Share personalized call to buy videos with subscribers like Dell on your Twitter profile. By choosing an individual approach to communication, you help subscribers feel special. After all, it has long been proven that 95% of decisions are made at the subconscious level, and therefore it is important to use personalization in video campaigns to form positive associations with the brand in the client.
By including a video in an email newsletter, you will attract potential buyers: statistically, mentioning a “video” in the subject line of an email increases the likelihood of reading by 6% +. By adding a screenshot with a link to the landing page, double the number of clicks to the web resource.
Earn on Stories
Back to social platforms. This time, to Instagram, the fastest growing social network, and Snapchat, popular with young people. They focus on brand promotion primarily through the Stories feature, with millions of businesses expanding their reach by sharing short, flashy videos.
Insta video format is arguably the best traffic boosting tool available. Video stories are published by about 87% of users, and 70% are regularly watched. Almost 40% of brands use Insta space to promote products and services. At the same time, 25% of young people are looking for products of interest through Stories. And if you consider that representatives of generation Z and Y are the main audience of the platform, then “youth” advertising will make your business mega-famous.
Present social proof
The best way to debunk myths and demonstrate professionalism is to use evidence from third parties:
- Expert: Get the support of an industry expert, for example by inviting them to Facebook Live or for an interview;
- Celebrities: In the video, quote the influencer who approved your product.
- User: make a video feedback, where the client shares his experience of cooperation with you, or a video example of using the product in everyday life.
The main rule of an experienced marketer when developing a strategy is to combine tactics. If you re just learning about video marketing, shoot snippets for social media, occasionally go live to get used to the video format. Remember, 6 out of 10 people prefer to watch online videos instead of TV, so you always get support!