How will social media marketing change in 2021? Given the events of this year, it seems impossible to predict what may happen next, but there are some clear trends and shifts that will affect how we will conduct our marketing activities in the future.
To get some insight into this, the Talkwalker team recently teamed up with HubSpot to chat with 70 global experts and cutting-edge professionals to discuss their thoughts and predictions for the year ahead.
Experts named 10 main trends:
1. Use of user-generated content
2. Focus on content about the coronavirus. 78% of respondents want brands to help them in their daily life and talk about important things
3. 55% said they would like to see interesting memes every week.
4. 88% want to see content reminiscent of life outside the lockdown.
5. Brands need to create content that stimulates sales and talk more about discounts.
6.32% of respondents want to pay more attention to game content
7.55% of Americans prefer to listen to podcasts
8. Large social networks will adapt their functions to the new reality
9. Misinformation on social media will be more and more controlled.
10. The audience will pay more and more attention to social issues.