Every company knows the benefits of a well-designed Instagram strategy or Facebook activity, but very few companies have bothered to truly invest time and resources in TikTok. Despite being the sixth largest social network, TikTok is often overlooked.
The benefits of using TikTok as part of your business strategy are growing. For example, you can use TikTok to promote other platforms you do active business on. TikTok also has additional benefits worth noting:
- You will be able to connect to a new demographic (GenZ – Generation Z).
- TikTok began beta testing ads on its platform in February, and while ad packages are more suitable for large businesses at the moment, there are also ways for small businesses to take advantage of TikTok s platform as a platform. For example, GymShark (relatively smaller compared to Sony or Universal Studios) uses TikTok to create short workout clips as well as wearing their line of sportswear.
- It has over 800 million active users worldwide, and 90% of all those TikTok users access the app multiple times a day.
Now that we ve proven that you need to be on the platform, let s see how you can make the most of every penny invested in your TikTok campaign.
1. Focus on non-invasive marketing
If GenZ is your target audience with TikTok, then you need to accept that old marketing methods won t work for them. 69% of GenZ believe online advertising is destructive, so your goal is to focus on non-invasive marketing techniques. TikTok is perfect for this as the platform focuses on short video snippets where you can easily incorporate your brand into your content without looking annoying or annoying.
A good example of how Apple Music uses its TikTok channel is a recent interview with Dillon Francis in a short video they posted on TikTok. In the video, he simply talked about his best day in Los Angeles using the hashtag #PerfectDayIn.
2. Challenges with hashtags
Using hashtags is a great way to get new views and grow your audience. This gives you the ability to build a mini audience around your brand or idea that your company has come up with.
The task that users have to do by hashtag is usually fun, easy, and memorable. But there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Do Your Research: Study successful hashtag campaigns to understand what s working in the market.
- The hashtag should be memorable, since the only way to solve your problem is to mention your hashtag.
- Consider tagging celebrities when you ask people to take part in a challenge. Celebrities usually participate in promotions that are popular with their fans.
- Don t use a hashtag just because you think people will participate in the challenge. Make sure it s relevant to your brand. Remember, this is a great way to promote user generated content, so you should focus on what s important to your company.
- Try to link your social media strategies across different platforms. So, if you ve already had a similar challenge on Instagram, consider expanding it to your TikTok base. This can work especially well for aesthetic brands that are in the food and fashion industry.
Get inspiration from other brands that are successful on TikTok too.
3. Use coupons and discounts
According to the Institute of Business Administration, about 65% of GenZ audiences value coupons and discounts. It would be wise to include any promo codes and discounts in your TikTok marketing strategy. This could be something as simple as highlighted text next to a short product video, or mentioning a coupon code in a video description.
4. Include relevant TikTok bloggers in your campaign
Investing in TikTok influencers is fast becoming a good business move due to its high ROI. Influencers have the ability to quickly market your product to the right audience, and most importantly, an already engaged audience.
Sony hired Influencer Marketing Factory to conduct a marketing campaign in which they promoted a new song by Shakira and Anuel A.A .: Me Gusta. They did this by working with six different influencers around the world. The campaign received 12 million hashtag reach, 19,100 user-generated videos, 6.9 million video views and 1.170 million likes.
This works in almost all industries. Even if your niche is boring or a little “weird,” you can still take the time to see the results. For example, if you have a lingerie store, you can send out the most popular items to your most valuable bloggers for free, and they can create multiple TikTok videos by wearing the clothes you sent in.
5. Post messages as often as possible
Once you ve made sure your brand is in front of your client, start planning. Each day of the week has a specific time, which is considered the best time for posting messages.
6. Try to engage with your audience by commenting on their videos and responding to comments yourself
The effectiveness of user-generated content is that your customers do the hard work for you, so the best way to keep that going and get more customers to continue creating content that targets your business is to interact with it.
Companies and individuals alike love to see engagement in their posts. You can do this by commenting on their videos, responding to mentions when customers reach out to you, or even sharing really good content on your own page. It will also increase customer loyalty in the long run.
7. Share user-generated content
Many brands make the mistake of focusing only on creating their own content instead of trying to get users to participate in the creation process.
The emphasis should be on getting users to love your brand as much as you do. Nike does a great job with this. If you search for the hashtag “#nike” on TikTok, you can see how Nike uses this in its marketing strategy. You will find millions of users wearing their Nikes, unpacking boxes with them, or skateboarding with them, and much more.
All of this is free user-generated content that draws a whole new audience to the brand. The hashtag Nike has 3.4 billion views to date!
8. Create branded stickers
Brands have the ability to create lenses and stickers on TikTok, which can also be great at promoting user-generated content.
It s a great way for brands to connect with their audience, and it s pretty straightforward. Pizza Hut is one of the brands that previously created custom stickers on TikTok as part of their campaign, and it worked great – the clips with the sticker have been streamed over a million times.
9. Invest in advertising
As soon as your account gains traction, it will be easier to get by without investing in ads, but for new accounts, we d recommend using TikTok ads. It is more affordable than other social networks.
10. Plan your posts
Your team members will not be able to be constantly active on TikTok. Therefore, you should plan your videos well in advance. To do this, you can use various services. This will allow your team to focus on other aspects of your business.