Having a company page on social networks is no longer a whim, but a necessity. Promotion on such sites allows you to increase brand awareness and attract the target audience. The fear of “not being in time” prompts entrepreneurs to create accounts in all well-known social networks, but it turns out that being active in each of them is not so easy. If you choose a specific platform, you can pay more attention to promotion and get the maximum result. The variety of social networks makes you wonder: which one is best for achieving specific business goals?
Three questions, the answers to which will help you choose a social network to promote your business
Every company can make the effort and achieve success on any social network. There is no perfect venue for your industry or type of activity. The most important thing in this kind of promotion is to understand your business, audience and goals. In order to decide on a social network, you need to get answers to the following three questions:
- Who is your target audience? There is no point in promoting on social media if the people you target are not using it. Knowing the answer to the question who your potential buyer is, you can understand which platforms they visit most often and how they behave there.
- For what purposes do you plan to use social networks? In addition to attracting customers and increasing sales, when creating pages on social networks, you can also be guided by such goals as establishing communication with the audience, getting feedback from customers and increasing brand awareness.
- What content are you going to publish? Think about what makes your company special, what information you plan to share with your audience, and which ad format to use to influence it. Different social networks differ in the types of information presentation – content can be in text, photo or video format.
For more tips on social media strategy, check out our other article.
What is the difference between popular social networks?
Having received the answers to the above questions, you can proceed to the main step: the research of the sites. We recommend that you pay attention to the top platforms that are used by most entrepreneurs and marketers:
- Facebook Is a recognized champion among social networks, which ranks third in the ranking of the most visited sites in the world. It is considered a one-stop business platform as it covers a wide audience of more than 2.74 billion monthly active users. Based on the statistics for 2021 provided by the company itself, 57% of Facebook s audience are men and 43% are women. As for age, 32.4% of the site s audience are people from 25 to 34 years old. The social network offers a number of features that you can use to attract customers. There are also many useful tools on the platform for managing appointments, creating events, finding employees and selling goods. Using free statistics, you can find out how potential buyers behave on your page.
- Instagram Is no longer a social network for sharing photos, but a full-fledged platform with many functions, where companies have the opportunity to promote and sell products directly from the application. Despite the fact that the majority of users access Instagram using mobile devices, it was ranked sixth in the ranking of the most visited sites in the world. According to SEMrush, in October 2020 alone, the number of unique visitors to Instagram was 1.2 billion. It is one of the most beloved social networks of representatives of the creative and service business. Most of the popular restaurants, beauty salons, studios and workshops today actively maintain accounts here. If your brand is targeting people between the ages of 18 and 29, Instagram is a great platform to promote.
- TikTok is an entertainment social network for Generation Z, that is, for an audience under 24 years old. It is suitable for companies whose goal is to attract young people by publishing video content. TikTok is a platform for creative expression. The latest TikTok statistics show that as of January 2021, the platform had 689 million monthly active users worldwide (DataReportal, 2021). Users spend an average of 52 minutes a day on TikTok (BusinessofApps, 2019).
When choosing a social network for business, do not forget that just creating an account is not enough to achieve your goals. Competition on popular platforms is high, so promotion can take a lot of time and effort. But the result is worth it, since the social network is a place with a multi-million dollar audience and many advertising opportunities available.